NL / PL / EN / ES / RO
Zoeken Menu

Corona and family

I have a sick family member to care for. What are my rights?

Short-term care leave applies to the necessary care of a sick child, partner or parent. This is regulated in the Work and Care Act (Wazo) and applies to all employees. No exception has been made for temporary agency workers. The employee is entitled to at least 70% of the wages, with the minimum legal wage as a minimum and the maximum daily wage as a maximum. The employee can take up to twice the working hours per week on short-term care leave.